GREAT NEWS…Christingle services will be taking place at St Andrew’s Church this year at 2pm and 4pm on Christmas Eve.
BUT due to the current pandemic situation, they will be different ..
- Numbers will be limited at each service – we have to ensure social distancing between people from different households. SO ….
- YOU MUST BOOK via the link below – please note each booking can only be for adults and children of the same household, and only members of the same household will be able to sit together in the same pew. As part of the online booking, you will be asked to tick to consent to track and trace, and the information about this is there for you to read.
- Face Coverings – Everyone, including children over the age of 11, will need to wear an adequate face covering in church unless exempt for medical reasons.
- On arrival you’ll be directed to your pew – please remain in your pew for the duration of the service and until instructed to leave.
- As always it ill be FUN ….fast paced …entertaining and meaningful BUT we won’t be able to sing.
- We will thank God for Jesus and this special season especially at the end of such a different and difficult year.
- We will light candles but not Christingles – we are doing to give you a pack to take homeland make your own Christingle at home to light on Christmas Day and enjoy the sweets.
- Sorry we won’t be able to have the 700 or more folk who normally come to Christingle but for this year we are doing our best to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- 2021 Christingle will be FAB!
- If you are not lucky enough to be able to come in person this year why not join the National Christingle service … Share Joy A National Christingle Service Sunday 13 December at 9am (45 mins long)- go to the The Children’s Society for information about the online Christingle service in collaboration with The CofE. The service will include a few words from HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, soprano singer Joanna Forest and young people lighting the Christingles.
All spaces for Christingle has now sold out….sorry if you are unable to join us this year but we look forward to getting back to normal in 2021.